In recent years buying a property in Turkey has become as safe as investing in the UK for example. We all want that holiday home or permanent residence we can escape to that won’t cost an arm and a leg. But when buying abroad it’s important to invest in the right country for various reasons, as you don’t want to invest in a country that is having serious economic problems. There are plenty of internet portals you can find out this information. So the main question is, why invest in property in Turkey?”
Let’s look at the facts first:
1. Turkey has a booming economy and has tripled its GDP from 231 billion in 2002 to 857 billion in 2016.
2. It has a stable economic growth rate of 5.6% from 2002 to 2016.
3. Turkey is expected to become one of the fastest growing economies during 2017-2020.
4. The population as of 2018 is 81,916,871 and over half of the population is under 31 years old making it a young, dynamic and thriving work force.
5. The ongoing improvements to the latest technology of energy, telecommunications and transport infrastructure.
6. Due to its central location being the point where east meets west it has access to customers in Europe, Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa.
7. 70% of the worlds primary energy reserves are in close proximity to Turkey.
8. Corporate Income Tax is 20% it has been reduced from 33% with lots of incentives for regional and large scale investments.
9. Ongoing negotiations to join the EU.
10. A booming tourist industry with 32.4 million foreign visitors in 2017 and an expected 40 million in 2018.
Turkey is going places, its moving forward at a steady pace and if you want to invest in a country that has a bright future you should consider Turkey.
Why is Turkey so popular?
Getting to Turkey
Major international airlines fly to Turkey and there are international airports dotted throughout the country, all main resorts have an international airport usually within 1 hour from the resort. Flights from the UK are less than 4 hours which means no long haul flights necessary. Over the past few months airline companies have increased their seats by thousands and added new destinations to their routes to keep up with the high demand of Turkish holiday bookings.
GBP to TL
The exchange rate today is for every £1 your exchange rate is 6.21TL this enables you to spend more in Turkey and you are aiding the economy.
You can visit an upmarket restaurant for dinner; enjoy a meal for two plus a good bottle of wine for less than £20 per couple. Children’s meals are inexpensive and come in less than £2. This is why Turkey is so popular it doesn’t have to break the bank to have a holiday there or a holiday home.
Wow – this is where Turkey outshines many of its rivals with rolling picturesque beaches and safe shallow waters adoring its coastline running from the Aegean to the Mediterranean. Many have been awarded Blue Flag status and rightly so, and some are considered the best in the world. They are a massive draw for families and for those simply wanting to lie on soft white powdery sand and relax.
One of the advantages of investing in Turkish property is that you get an awful lot for your money and its not just any old property this is classed as luxury living. Along the 8000 km of coastline are frontline properties serving up extensive views and rentals offer excellent returns from the many millions who visit Turkey for a holiday.
Spacious 2 bedroom apartments start from under £35,000 in Altinkum.
A 5 bedroom apartment in the same resort has just sold for less than £46,000
Beautiful 2 bedroom apartments are for sale in Alanya, Antalya and Bodrum plus Kusadasi for less than £50,000.
A ground floor apartment with 3 bedrooms is under £50,000 in Fethiye.
In Istanbul you can buy a 1 bedroom apartment for under £52,500
A 2 bedroom semi detached villa is available in Antalya for under £65,000
Under £70,000 will buy you a 3 bedroom detached villa in Akbuk.
A semi detached 3 bedroom villa in Kusadasi is yours for under £90,000
A spacious 3 bedroom detached villa is under £100,000 in Belek.
£195,000 will buy you a 7 bedroom detached villa in Fethiye.
I think that says it all about Turkish property!